- Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum spoilers: Rohit-Sonakshi meet at park, Sonakshi in danger
- Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum update: Rohit demands for divorce, Sonakshi makes shocking demand
- Qurbaan Hua serial on Zee TV: Cast, Story, Pics, Wiki, Promo, Timings
- Kundali Bhagya 28 January 2020 update: Preeta disturbed with Karan's silence on her arrest
- Bigg Boss 13: Asim Riaz proposes Himanshi Khurana to marry him, BIG fan reactions by twitterati
Bollywood Latest News, Gossips
After the teaser of Karan Johar’sAe Dil Hai Mushkil created a major stir among movie buffs, the director revealed that Ranbir Kapoor’s character in the movie is inspired by his own bitter experiences while bluntly calling himself the “brand ambassador of heart breaks.”
The ace filmmaker, in a recent interview with Rediff, said, “I told Ranbir that on some level, in some way, you are playing me. Normally I make films through observations that I filter through a dramatic, a cinematic palette. Not this time. I’ve been in love twice in my life and it’s been unreciprocated both times, and in my head I feel that I’m the brand ambassador of heartbreaks.”
Speaking about the relevance of his experiences in the film, Dharma Productions head honcho said, “So that emotion (of unreciprocated love) runs through the film, it’s not a cop out. We stick to the feeling of ek tarfa pyaar (one sided love) as suggested by the dialogue at the end of the teaser.”
Though the film is intense, the 44-year-old filmmaker mentioned that the romantic drama has no chest-beating moments. “The tonality and the syntax are very much that of cinema right now. It isn’t overly manipulative, and nothing is so intense that it takes you to a dark area. We commit to an emotion but… a little is a lot,” he said.
Adding, “But that is a very identifiable zone for all of us. We’ve all had our heart broken. And I believe that love that lost love, powers you in a certain way. I’ve taken that strength somewhere, and it has completed me in some way.”
Scheduled for Diwali release, the movie also features Anushka Sharma, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Fawad Khan.