- Kumkum Bhagya gossips: New entry of Worship Khanna ahead
- Kundali Bhagya 05 December 2019 update: Shristi to meet Mahira
- Bigg Boss 13 gossips: Naagin attack on the show
- Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum update: Nishi to comeback, learns about Pooja's suicide attempt
- Lukka Chuppi serial on Dangal TV: Cast, Wiki, Story, Promo, images
Harinder Singh Sikka, the producer of controversial movie “Nanak Shah Fakir”, on Tuesday announced to withdraw the movie from cinema halls across the country and globe. Sikka made the announcement after meeting Akal Takht chief Giani Gurbachan Singh in Delhi.
“As per the directions of holy Akal Takht (the highest temporal seat of Sikhs), I have decided to withdraw the movie ‘Nanak Shah Fakir’ from all the theaters worldwide forthwith,” producer Harvinder Singh Sikka said in a statement.
He said he had great regard for the Akal Takht and “couldn’t afford to go against the directives of the top religious head Gurbachan Singh”. Sikka said the Akal Takht head had asked him to make certain changes in the movie before it was screened and he would do the same.
Notably, various Sikh organisations have been up in arms against the movie, alleging that it violated the Sikh maryada by portraying Guru and family members in human form. Amid controversy, the movie was released on April 17.
The objection to the Punjabi film, based on the life of Guru Nanak, was first raised by radical outfit Dal Khalsa.
Dal Khalsa spokesperson Kanwar Pal Singh said Sikka “surrendered” before the Akal Takht. The outfit had submitted a memorandum to the Akal Takht head on April 6 urging him to direct the producer to withdraw the film. Earlier on April 10, Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) President Avtar Singh Makkar, in a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Information and Broadcasting Minister Arun Jaitley, had urged them to impose a ban on the controversial film.