- Bigg Boss 13: Fan reacts as Arhaan Khan talks about helping Rashmi Desai come out of bankruptcy
- Yeh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka update: a month leap, Jinn to test Roshni's power as Aayna
- Zee Rishtey Awards 2019 Winners, Full List and Pics
- Kundali Bhagya update: Preeta takes a disguise as waiter, enters Luthra house
- Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum update: Kishwer Merchant enters as Nishi, Sonakshi gets doubtful on Pari
Punjabi singer Daler Mehndi and his brother, Shamsher Singh, was convicted in a human trafficking case
On Friday, Patiala court convicted Daler Mehndi and his brother, Shamsher Singh, in a 2003 human trafficking case and sentenced to 2 years jail. But within a no time, he has been granted the bail.
Mehndi brothers had been accused of illegally sending people abroad disguised as members of his troupe by charging hefty “passage money.”
As per the reports, the Mehndi brothers had allegedly taken two troupes in 1998 and 1999 during the course of which 10 persons were taken to the US as group members and were “dropped off” illegally.
In 1998 during the course of a US trip accompany of an actress, he had allegedly “dropped off” three girls at San Francisco.
Again during the 1999 US trip, both brothers had dropped off three more boys at New Jersey
Soon after the Patiala Police registered a case against Daler Mehndi and Shamsher Singh, 35 more complaints sprung up leveling charges of fraud against the two brothers.
Patiala Police had, even, raided the offices of Daler Mehndi at Connaught Place in New Delhi and seized documents, including the case file of those who had paid the alleged “passage money” to Mehndi brothers.
In 2006, Patiala Police filed two discharge petitions stating Daler Mehndi to be innocent, but the court had upheld that the singer is prosecuted as there was “sufficient evidence against him on the judicial file and scope for further investigation”.
Stay tuned TellyDhamaal for latest news, gossips and updates.