- Kumkum Bhagya Update: Rhea and Pragya to share cute moment
- Kasauti Zindagi Ki actor Parth Samthaan’s father passes away
- Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai Update: Naina and Sameer find out Swati is married
- Kulfi Kumar Bajewala spoilers: Lovely helps Kulfi free from Remand home
- Kasauti Zindagi Ki Spoilers: New entry of Anurag's business rival to help Prerna
It’s official — Quantico star Priyanka Chopra is joining Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron in the Baywatch movie based on the 1990s TV series.
She’ll play villain Victoria Leeds in the film, EW has confirmed. Johnson also welcomed Chopra to the cast on Tuesday with a video posted on Instagram.
“She’s one of the biggest stars in the world. Insanely talented, relentlessly smokin’ and extremely dangerous – perfect for #BAYWATCH. Welcome @PriyankaChopra to our bad ass and incredibly dysfunctional family,” he wrote. “Cue RATED R slo-mo running on the beach.”
The 33-year-old Bollywood star — who plays FBI trainee Alex Parrish in ABC’s freshman hit Quantico — shared Johnson’s video on her own Instagram page, adding, “Being Bad is what I do best!!! U better watch out!!”
She joins leading ladies Alexandra Daddario, Ilfenesh Hadera, and Kelly Rohrbach, the latter of whom will play C.J. Parker, the role held by Pamela Anderson in the TV series. Billions star Hadera will take the role of Johnson’s love interest. Comedian Hannibal Buress joined the cast last week as a beach-going local.
The Seth Gordon-directed film will start shooting next week, according to Johnson. Beau Flynn and Ivan Reitman will direct.