- Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum Spoilers: Nishi kills Naren, blames Sonakshi for his suicide
- Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke update: Mishti chooses Nannu over Abir, Mishbir temple meet ahead
- Ishq Subhan Allah upcoming twist: Shahbaz reveals Zara is alive, see PROMO
- Bigg Boss 13 gossips: Asim Riaz loses Elite Club membership?
- Sidharth Shukla wants to leave Bigg Boss 13, Twitterati reacts, gets big support from fans
Leonardo DiCaprio has finally won his first Oscar for survival epic The Revenant, after six nominations.
Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio won the Oscar for the Best Actor for his film “The Revenant” at the 88th Academy Awards ceremony held on Sunday.
“The Revenant” is about a frontiersman on a fur trading expedition in the 1820s who fights for survival after being mauled by a bear and left for dead by members of his own hunting team.
This was the first Oscar win for Leonardo DiCaprio. He received a standing ovation as he picked up his award, after five acting nominations and one nomination as producer of best picture nominee Wolf of Wall Street.
Leonardo thanked the director and co-star Tom Hardy for his “fierce talent on screen” and “friendship off screen” before campaigning for action to combat climate change, saying making The Revenant was “about man’s relationship to the natural world”.
“Climate change is real – it is happening right now,” said DiCaprio. “It is the most urgent threat facing our species, and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating.”
He asked the audience to “support leaders around the world who do not speak for the big polluters or the big corporations but who speak for all of humanity, for the indigenous people of the world, for the billions and billions of underprivileged people who’ll be affected by this”.
He added: “Let us not take this planet for granted. I do not take tonight for granted.”