- Isharon Isharon Mein on Sony TV: Cast, Story, Wiki, Pics, Promo, Time
- Kahan Hum Kahan Tum on Star Plus: Cast, Story, Wiki, Photos, Promo
- Kasauti Zindagi Ki 16 May 2019 Episode Update: Komolika tries to kill Vikrant
- Bepanah Pyaar: Adhik Mehta, Ekta Sharma join the cast
- Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai Spoilers: Sameer and Naina get separated after coming to Mumbai
Television Latest News, Bollywood Gossips
In light of the current situation prevailing in India and the tension with neighbouring Pakistan, the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) has passed a resolution banning the Pakistani actors and technicians in India until the conditions are back to normal.
The IMPPA resolution comes hours after Indian Army announced that it had carried out surgical strike on terrorist launch pads across the LoC in Pakistan.
There have been calls from certain right wing political outfits like the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) recently, to prohibit Pakistani artistes from working in India as tensions rise between the two countries in the wake of a militant attack in Uri that led to 18 army casualties.
The resolution, however, does not ban the release of films like Karan Johar’s ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ and Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’, which stars Pakistani actors Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan respectively.
The MNS had also demanded that Pakistani actors Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan be replaced in Raees. President of MNS’ film wing Amey Khopkar said: “The day Pakistan will stop attacking our country, we will extend the hand of friendship. We do not have anything against art but the artistes who are employed in India remained mum on the terror attack in Uri.”