- Bigg Boss 13: Happy Birthday Sana trends on twitter as fans wish Shehnaaz Gill on her Birthday
- Bigg Boss 13: Fan reactions as Himanshi Khurana, Vikas Gupta, Shehbaz Badesha, Kashmira Shah to enter the house during this week, Fan reactions
- Naagin 4 upcoming twists: Vishakha to save Nayantara, Dev-Brinda to get married?
- Kasauti Zindagi Ki 2 spoilers: Prerna NOT to die, will come back in bold avatar
- Beyhadh 2 spoilers: Maya plans to kill Rudra on his wedding day
Colors Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat Latest News, Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat latest gossips
Mohit Raina, who has taken over the role of Emperor Ashoka in the popular show ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat’ from Siddharth Nigam.
While talking to a leading daily, Mohit said he will try to convince the audiences with his performance but if required, the show’s makers may bring Siddharth back as Ashoka’s son, owing to his popularity.
The actor told the Indian Express that he always wanted to play Ashoka and had his eyes on the role since the beginning. He said, “I had my eyes on ‘Ashoka’ since its first episode. I always waited for the makers to take a leap so that I can join it.”
However, Mohit concedes that it would be difficult to live up to the popularity and image set by Siddharth, who played the young Ashoka and was loved by fans and critics alike. Yes, obviously the pressure is there. He has had a 400-episode journey in the show through which he has created a benchmark. So, people will obviously want to see him more. “But I’ll try my level best to convince them. If they (audiences) will accept me then it’s well and good otherwise may be we will recast Siddharth as Ashoka’s son,” he said.
Mohit, who has earlier starred in ‘Devon ke Dev, Mahadev’ and ‘Bandini’ has learnt horse riding and sword fighting for his role as Ashoka. He was cast in the title role because the show is taking a 10-year leap.